Monday 9 July 2012

Pillow Talk

 
So after crashing on my living room sofa last night, head nestled in one of my favourite pillows, I began thinking about what is it that makes a really great pillow. Aside from being super comfy, their one of my favourite ways to introduce personality into your environment. Being that they come in so many varying styles, sizes, and prices, they make for a great opportunity to play with textures and patterns- some you may have otherwise shy away from. I personally just like checking them out whenever I enter someones home, it's my quick peek of into their style, reflected into their decor. While this is not always an accurate take of any of our styles, its still fun to trying to match personalities to interior styles.

As an accessory,  pillows work amazingly well for pulling together a rooms decor. They can also act as your starting point for paint selection, fabrics, rugs an even furniture. No matter what or why you have made your pillow choices, one thing is for sure, we all us love them!

Pinned Image
Keeping it cool, fun, and ever so chic! I love the use of the blue pillow against the white sofa. This space is instantly filled with interesting textures and colours!

Pinned Image
Easy and pretty is evoked when looking at these floral prints. I most love how well the art work  and wall colours are reflected in each pillow. What a great why to showcase harmony!

Pinned Image
Structured meets soft with with this mix of pillows. Love the unexpected combo! Such a strong geometric pattern in this space full of chinoiserie. Tons of visual interest!

Pinned Image
Bright, bold patterns make for the a little drama! I just think these pillows are great! They the light is this otherwise muted environment. Amazing what a little red will do!
Readers, its been lovely sharing a little pillow talk with you.
Antoinette,
"Making it happen with every PUSH"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger